The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Quote of the Day

I just can't get over the following paragraph, which I had to read four times on the train this morning:

Bond looked at the man with the recognition that exists between crooks, between homosexuals, between secret agents. It is the look common to men bound by secrecy - by common trouble. "Better make it quick."

--Ian Fleming, The Man with the Golden Gun, chapter 8.


By the way, the title of Chapter 8 is "Pass the Canapes!", and no, I did not add the exclamation point. I do have to admit that Bond books are oddly addictive, and they give me an increasing admiration of Mike Myers with every page.


ABOVE: Francisco "Pistols" Scaramanga,
aka The Man with the Golden Gun, faces off against
James Bond, aka Roger "I'm too pretty to die" Moore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home