The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Friday, October 13, 2006

What would Clubber Lang do?

First of all, I would like to thank my lovely and talented wife for bringing the following to my attention: Mr. T takes on Dr. Phil.

While this could be the funniest fight scene ever (Lord, do I miss Celebrity Deathmatch), it's not. Mr. T, the living embodiment of all that was right (and wrong) with the 80s, now has his own reality show on TV Land. Maybe this isn't news to people with cable, but I say congrats to Mr. T on his new-found fame.


ABOVE: Mr. T as Clubber Lang, about to receive
a well-deserved beating in Rocky III.

And I think I know the first person that Mr. T should give a little Clubber Lang-style "motivation" to. Congratulations to Mark Downs of Dunbar, PA for setting a new standard in evil. If you hadn't seen him in the news, Mr. Downs was the Coach jailed for beaning an autistic player.

To quote the article,
"Authorities said Downs offered to pay one of his players $25 to hit Harry Bowers, a mildly autistic teammate, with a ball while warming up before a June 2005 playoff game. Prosecutors said Downs wanted the 9-year-old out of the game, because the boy didn't play as well as his teammates."
You might have to read that a couple of times before it sinks in; I know I had to. Wow.

***

Anyway, as a final parting gift before the weekend, I leave you with a musical masterpiece: Danish rocker Tommy Seebach's 1977 interpretation of the classic rock instrumental "Apache".



I want to be just like Tommy Seebach's drummer when I grow up. Also, note the disturbing resemblance between Seebach and Saturday Night Live's Andy Samberg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home