The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Burn this book

(NOTE: As I wrote this, it occurred to me that I covered the same topic a year and two days ago. That means Marmoset and I missed our blog's first birthday. Oops. Happy birthday to us, two and a half months late.)

I probably should have mentioned it three days ago, but this is Banned Books Week. I have not stuck to my usual semi-tradition of reading a Banned Book this week, though the Frau is currently reading the Banned Book To End All Banned Books (literally!), Fahrenheit 451. So I figure that's good enough for the both of us.

Hovever, if you want to do your part to battle the evils of censorship, you can always try the ever-popular Banned Books Online or the new Explore Banned Books, courtesy of Google Books. In an age when Google is doing its best to scare the crap out of librarians with its digitization program, it's nice to see them helping out.

Speaking of which, if there are any brave librarians out there who REALLY want be scared with a good close look at evil, Guantanamo Bay is hiring.

Read a banned book sometime; they make the world a more interesting place. Just ask Dewey:

OK, so it really isn't about banned books, but I still love this one.
Speaking of making a more interesting universe, I thought this was great, in a dumb Ernie Kovacs sort of way:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home