The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Celebrities: is there anything they can't do?

Yahoo Picks last week featured a thought provoking website called 10,000 Reasons Civilization is Doomed. It was started by a small group of friends, but readers are now contributing reasons as the list steadily approaches the 10,000 mark (They're up to #3,844 as of this writing).

After reading through some of these, I have a confession to make: I may have nudged us a bit closer to Armageddon last night by watching part of Celebrity Duets, the show where people who used to sing pair up with people who never could.

ABOVE: Xena, Warrior Princess sings with
Smokey Robinson (or whatever's left of him).

It's not that I wanted to watch, but I just couldn't look away. It was like a car crashing into a train wreck. A few minutes later, after the Frau gave me a well-deserved smack upside the head and changed the channel, I came to a few conclusions about what I'd seen:

  • There is a special place in Hell reserved for Simon Cowell.
  • David Foster really should have learned his lesson after his first encounter with Reality TV.
  • Regardless of time, place, or circumstances, Little Richard rules.

Anyway, I would like to apologize to the world at large for my part, however small, in causing its impending doom. In order to make it up to you, allow me to present a short film clip entitled "Weatherman Freaks Out When a Cockroach Crawls across His Leg":



That's good stuff.

In closing, I would like to call the following items to the Marmoset's attention:

1. Rocky Statue Returns to Art Museum Steps.

2. Uwe Boll Bests Pasty Film Critic in Boxing Match.

Any thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home