The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Domo arigato Mister Roboto

I have a lot of work to do today, so I'll be quick...

I have often picked on the Frau for her mortal terror of robots. She half expects the Terminator or the Matrix (probably both) to switch from science fiction to documentary any day now. I've tried to introduce her to the concept of good robots like the Autobots or Voltron, but my efforts are always greeted with deep skepticism.

NOTE: Yes, I know Voltron technically isn't a robot, he's a spaceship that looks like a robot. Stay with me, people...

Anyway, I can only hope that this will change her mind:



Isn't he cute? But seriously folks, while real-life robots have come a long way, I think they have a long, long way to go before before swarms of Arnold Schwarzeneggers can start kicking down doors.

On a related note, I've always wondered why Skynet "disguised" all of its robots by making every one of them look like Arnold, but that will have to wait for another day. Duty calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home