The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Pete, Pete's brother Pete, and some other stuff

First of all, congrats to the Marmoset on his triumphant return to the blog. I am properly awed by his entry, and he gets extra bonus points for the term "command biology" and for exposing "the Hobbit Connection". The prize shall be his, and soon.

(Did I mention there was a prize? Well, there is.)

Moving on...

Last night was another Pete and Pete mini-marathon for the Frau and I. God bless the inventor of Netflix. The episodes actually seem to have improved over time.

a few observations:
  • The prize for best line goes to Little Pete: "My own brother ditched me for a girl. I don't blame him, I blame his glands."
  • The second best line, unsurprisingly, also belongs to Little Pete: "Can you imagine what Honest Abe could have accomplished with a jetpack?"
  • I'm slightly disappointed in the Frau for not recognizing Debbie Harry as the lady who nearly lost her dog to a landmine in her front yard.
  • Michael Stipe also had a guest spot, as a creepy ice cream vendor named Captain Scrummy. I didn't remember his character, but I guess that's for the best, since he hates fame.
  • Judging from the previous two points (among many, many other things) the makers of Pete & Pete had very specific musical tastes in the early 90s.
  • In the days before Reservoir Dogs, Steve Buscemi was even weirder looking.
  • On the subject of guest stars, it was a pleasure to see Artie, the Strongest Man in the World impale the Sopranos Guy with a newspaper.
  • It's a shame that more villains don't have henchmen like Butt Stripe and Gravy Breath.
  • I wonder how old you have to be before the International Adult Conspiracy will contact you? I'm still waiting.
Gotta love him.

On a related note, Youtube (and a more fully developed dirty mind) has given me a disturbingly new perspective on another beloved show of this era: Rocko's Modern Life. How in the hell did that get on Nickelodeon?

(EDITOR'S NOTE: If you enjoyed on the Rocko link above (and I know you did), don't forget Parts Two and Three.)

Last but not least, it was in the paper this morning that work on the next Batman movie has begun. All they have said about it is that it will be called "The Dark Knight" and the new Joker will be played by Heath Ledger. OK, an odd choice but it could work. I'm willing to give him a chance, but the first time that anyone can't quit someone it's over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home