The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

I love the Web

For work purposes (seriously, it was!), I have spent much of the last week digging around on the Web looking at digital videos online. Hence the other day's Rocky post.

Today, I found two more nuggets that I thought I'd share with the group.

First is the website of the American version of The Office, the show that makes awkward silence into an art form. Of special interest are the fake public service announcements by the Office characters and the weekly series of web-only mini episodes featuring the accounting staff. I always thought Kevin needed more time to shine.

Warning: if you spend any time on the Office site, I hope you like Kinko's commercials.

Second is the trailer for the Transformers movie, due out next July. While, like I am a product of the 80s, and Optimus Prime was a childhood hero second only to Voltron, I can't feel as excited about this as I would expect. 3 or 4 TV versions have come and gone since the original show of the mid-80s, and each was absolute and total crap. I have a sinking feeling that this won't be a whole lot better. And while my love of the Transformers doesn't quite reach unhealthy levels, a quick Google search shows lots and lots of people who take it disturbingly seriously. * I don't see them being too pleased with an Optimus Prime made by Michael Bay, the guy who turned Pearl Harbor into a love story, either.

* Not that I have the right to judge. Some 20 years after Santa left it under my tree, Voltron still occupies a place of honor in my home.

Hail to the King, baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home