The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Thursday, October 09, 2008

The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter

The following music video, "Gumdrops", by a band called The Smittens, was featued in an ALA newsletter today, and I thought it was good enough to share:



By the way, all the spoken parts at the start of the video (including the title of this post) really are quotes from "The Maltese Falcon." I like the song and the video, but they especially remind me how much I loved that book (and, of course, the movie isn't half bad either).

Dashiell Hammett, in case you didn't know, is the man.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eva the Deadbeat said...

Thanks for this post! I agree that The MAltese Falcon is a highly entertaining book. If that doesn't get you into reading, what will?

PS I made the Smittens video and have always loved Dashiell Hammett. He is the man. Word.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home