The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Runaway Gorilla

We interrupt this blog to bring you the following headline from the Netherlands:

Gorilla Wreaks Havoc in Zoo Escape

According to the article, " A 400-pound gorilla escaped from his enclosure and ran amok in a Rotterdam zoo Friday..."

ABOVE: Meet Bokito,
the runaway Dutch gorilla

All my life, I have waited to see such a headline as this. Sure, some innocent people were hurt by a wild animal running loose in a crowded park, and that is undoubtedly a terrible thing. But seriously, it's an escaped gorilla, and on some level that will always be awesome.

Even the photo caption had a beautiful, weirdly Zen-like quality to it:

People grab their chil-
dren as the gorilla, con-
cealed, passes nearby.
See what I mean? How many news photos have a haiku for a caption?

(EDITOR'S NOTE: Thanks to the Marmoset for bringing this to my attention. It's been a long two weeks, but I hope to conclude my earlier three-part story soon. I'm sure you were losing sleep over it.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home