The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Back in the saddle again

The Marmoset recently discovered an amazing website, which he kindly shared with me. Since he's too busy and/or lazy to discuss it himself, I guess I'll have to do it.

The site is called Return of the Revolutionaries, and as the Marmoset put it, "you shan't be disappointed". It's written by Dr. Walter Semkiw, who apparently used to be John Adams. Yes, that John Adams. It seems our beloved 2nd President has returned to tell us all about reincarnation. Adams/Semkiw's website especially stresses the idea that that his Founding Father colleagues seems to be returning to American politics in droves.

ABOVE: President Adams, before and after.
Looks pretty good for his age, huh?


I learned a lot from this website. The first and most important lesson, of course, is that if two people pose at the same angle, they must in fact be the same person. But I also learned some other things, like that Andrew Jackson has chilled out a LOT in the last 170 years and that Henry Clay will be losing presidential elections until the end of time. I'm also touched that James Wilson has obviously come a long way from the days when he came up with the "three-fifths compromise", which stated that slaves were legally to be considered 60% of a person.

But the site also raises a lot of questions for me. For instance, did John Paul II know that he used to be an agnostic Jew? And who did Princess Lamballe de Savoy like hanging out with more, Marie Antoinette or Tony Danza?

Apparently the Founding Fathers aren't the only ones making their big comebacks. According to the news, three Central American countries have officially banned Jose de Jesus Miranda, a Puerto Rican man who claims that he is both the reincarnation of Jesus and the Antichrist. Uh huh...

In other news, this webcomic brilliantly demonstrates why the combination of Firefox and Wikipedia will probably kill me someday. After reading it, I just had to look up fatal hilarity (yes, I used Wikipedia) and was delighted to find out it's a real thing. From there I went to the Greek prophet Calchas, to the Trojan War, and so on, thus proving the webcomic's point rather beautifully.

In other other news, this poll for the Oddest Law Library Title made me remember why I love being a librarian. It's a tough call, but my gut tells me to go with "No Justice, No Piece".

Last but most certainly not least, I leave you with Landlord, aka the genius of Will Ferrell in its purest form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home