The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

What is wrong with you people?

When I wrote last month about my illegal, Tony Montana-esque dealings with corrupt Third World officials, it should have been clear to you, Dear Reader, that I am not a smart man. That was a bad, bad idea, and shame on you if I have to explain why.

I really didn't think anyone in the world would be foolish enough to follow my example. But then again, I'm an idiot, so what do I know?

When reading the paper this morning, I came across the following article from the Detroit Free Press: Nigerian Scam takes town's money, trust. It seems that Mr. Thomas Katona of Harrisville, MI, was completely cleaned out by his Nigerian associates. While this is terrible in itself, it is made worse by the fact that Katona is the Harrisville city treasurer, and he allegedly stole about $1.2 million from the city's coffers so he could give it to the con artists. Much of this money was sent after Katona's bank repeatedly warned him that this was a scam.

Normally I might feel more sympathy for the good people of Harrisville, but Katona plead guilty to two job-related felonies in 1998. He's been re-elected twice since then.

Before I could recover from the staggering stupidity of this whole thing, I moved on to the next article: Astronaut to face attempted murder count. Capt. Lisa Marie Nowak, a real-life astronaut who flew into space last year, drove 900 miles to attack a woman in a parking lot with pepper spray and a BB gun. She did this with the intention of kidnapping and killing the woman because they apparently were both interested in the same man.
ABOVE: It seems she's used to bright orange
suits. That will be helpful where she's going.

As I usually do when confronted with massive outbursts of strangeness in the world, I went straight to the source, where I found this. And this. Then, just a minute ago, I clicked over to Yahoo news and found out that a Chewbacca impersonator in Hollywood has been arrested for shouting "Nobody tells this Wookiee what to do" as he head-butted a tour guide.

It's now official: the end is near.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home