The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Greater Evil

I have repeatedly mentioned in this blog strange occurrences that seem to signal that the end is near. A lengthy recap of these events is probably not necessary, but a few examples from today's news include the discovery of kryptonite, the mystery of tens of billions of disappearing bees, and Rosie O'Donnell. Hell, if the status of George Orwell's house doesn't convince you that things are very, very wrong, then I really don't know what to tell you.

Anyway, this all comes with the dawn of the 2008 Presidential Election. Politics are always a subject of great interest for the Marmoset and I, and under the circumstances I think there is only one candidate who fits the times. If you value your life and/or sanity, be sure to vote early and often for Cthulhu 2008.

The sad thing is, we could probably do worse.

Of course this candidate has been around for a long, long time -- several million years if I remember right (though I usually try not to remember Lovecraft if I can help it) -- but this year I think he's due. After the last eight years, I think the American people are finally ready to ask themselves, "Why settle for a lesser evil?". For more information, see this delightful Jack Chick-inspired piece of campaign material entitiled "Who Will Be Eaten First".

Of course, the Chick impersonators seem to be hedging their bets. There is always the chance that dead Cthulhu will still lie dreaming when Galactus eats us.

On a completely unrelated note, I was amazed by this article from Wired magazine about a CIA rescue operation built around a fake movie production of Roger Zelazny's sci-fi classic Lord of Light. There are several remarkable things about the story, but for starters I never thought I'd live to see the names Jack Kirby, Ross Perot, and the Ayatollah Khomeini in the same article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home