The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Random goodies

The other day, Frau and I went to the movies. We saw "A Night at the Museum", which was a lot better than I expected. The movie was funny, Mickey Rooney is pretty intimidating for a 137-year old hobbit, and Robin Williams makes a surprisingly awesome Theodore Roosevelt.

But perhaps the best thing we got to see was this: the Spider-Man 3 Trailer, featuring Sandman, Venom (sort of), and the second coming of the Green Goblin. Glory, glory Hallelujah.

They also showed the Simpsons Movie trailer, which I'd already seen but it's worth watching again.

Also coming out soon is the new Ninja Turtles movie, which I had mentioned a few weeks ago. It also has a pair of very cool trailers. It still looks pretty good to me, though I'm concerned about the apparent absence of Shredder and the usual villains.

At least there are no skateboards
or bottles of Turtle Wax visible.


Speaking of 80s icons resurrecting themselves, they apparently are starting work on a fourth Indiana Jones movie, in spite of the fact that Harrison Ford is currently 64 years old. That makes him five years older than Sean Connery was when he played Indy's father in the last movie. I hope it works out, since I loved the first three movies so much, but I've been hearing rumors about this on a regular basis since shortly after the last one came out in 1989, so we'll see what happens. What the hell, if Rocky can keep fighting in his 60s, why can't Indiana Jones keep fighting Nazis for another decade or two?

While we're on the subject, here are some lost treasures from the age of Indy:

I had completely forgotten about the existence of Sports Cartoons until I stumbled across one on Youtube. I remember laughing my ass off at some of their cartoons as a kid, though I'm fairly sure this wasn't one of them. If the Marmoset is reading this, can you remember what they were?

Also, as a lifelong Nintendo fan, I post this commercial with a curious mixture of nostalgia and shame:



Last but not least, it isn't from the 80s but You Don't Know Jack was always a great game. Now it's also a website with a daily question online. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home