The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Friday, October 14, 2005

I love the smell of Smurfs in the morning...

In a highly, um, original publicity move, UNICEF has made a commercial showing the Smurfs' village being wiped out by an aerial bombardment. The whole commercial (yes, La-la-la song and all) can be seen in this report from CBS News.
Tune in next week, when Optimus Prime puts all the Japanese-built Autobots into internment camps, Prince Adam testifies to Congress about his alleged steroid abuse, and Pidge is tried for crimes against humanity.

Oh yeah, and you should help UNICEF to protect children in warzones all around the world, which was the actual point of the commercial. It's an exceptionally good cause (and if you don't, I think the Fraggles are next).

1 Comments:

Blogger Skippy said...

One thing I forgot to mention: the above link was the first time I'd seen a picture of Pidge in many, many years, and it surprised the hell out of me. Wow. Even in the second grade, I knew he was annoying, but I didn't know he was that girly.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home