The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

And all is right with the world...

As of last night, the St. Louis Cardinals have pulled ahead of the White Sox to hold the best record in the Majors. Meanwhile, the Kansas City Royals lost their 18th game in a row, a new team record. As a former resident of both cities, words cannot express how good this day is for me. Like many lifelong Cardinals fans, I have never fully gotten over losing the 1985 World Series so I always enjoy seeing the Royals suffer. And they've had a lot of suffering for me to enjoy over the years.

Maybe this will be the year for the Cards to finally reclaim the World Series title, as they've been to the series three times in the last 20 years, but haven't won since 1982. They should have won last year, but some freak cosmic accident happened instead. Don't get me wrong, I love the Red Sox. In fact, I love anyone who hates the Yankees that much and who can humiliate them that thoroughly. But they've had 85 years worth of chances to win. Why did they have to do it against the Cards, dammit?

In other news, a very brief political note. I have decided on the candidate I want for our next President. It might not improve things much, but at least he'd be fun to watch. I hope the Marmoset will have more to say on this once he returns from his adventures abroad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home