The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Short and sweet

Er, sorry. that post from yesterday sort of got away from me. I'll be much more brief today.

First, in a final postscript to my recycling-crap-from-television rant, I saw in the news this morning that they're making a Smurfs movie, scheduled for release in 2008. The Smurfs will be made into a CGI movie, apparently in part due to the excitement over a Transformers movie that hasn't even been made yet. Oh goody, I can't wait. I wonder which will get a movie first, M.A.S.K. or C.O.P.S.?

Now please don't misunderstand me; I'm a product of the 80's and I have extremely fond memories of all those shows. Voltron, He-Man, Optimus Prime, Snake Eyes, and the rest probably had a far greater impact on my impressionable little marmoset brain than I'd care to admit. However, making these shows into a movie has been tried before, and I don't think thats a road we want to go down again. Mark my words: here begins a chain of events that will not end until they reach the absolute dregs of the 80's cartoon barrel.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.

I also see that in two consecutive days we have lost William Westmoreland and Scotty. Those are two names I never expected to use in the same sentence.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Marmoset said...

There's also going to be a new "Omen" movie.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Skippy said...

Of course there is.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home