The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Friday, August 26, 2005

It all fits together

As I sit in my lovely bleach-and-asbestos scented basement in a Big Midwestern University (BMU), eating my lunch and thinking of the insane amounts of work that my overlords want me to get done in the next four months, I am reminded of something: the Dante's Inferno Test, an online quiz to see which circle of Hell you are destined for. The results, for me at least, seem to depend on how good/bad of a mood I'm in when I take it. Once on a particularly bad day, I sank as far as the Eighth Circle, home of hypocrites, liars, and frauds. Today, according to the test, I'm bound for Purgatory. Funny though, this basement feels considerably lower than that.

Speaking of tests, the 4Degreez website, which hosts the Inferno Test, also has links to several other interesting quizzes. A good one is the Monkey Challenge Trivia Quiz, in which you compete with a monkey to see who is smarter. My high school biology teacher used to do the same thing, but that's a story for another time. Anyway, I'm happy to report that I scored 44 out of 60, beating the monkey by a full 30 points (out of 60). However, I think I'm going to pass on adding a stylish "I Spanked the Monkey" sign to this blog.

Speaking of monkeys, I was somewhat confused by the news report that the London Zoo now has humans on exhibit. This originally seemed like a great idea to me, but when I actually see it it seems a bit too Twilight Zone-ish. I seem to remember watching a Twilight Zone episode a very long time ago, come to think of it, where children could go to the zoo and trade in their parents for better ones. Even then, the idea of a "people zoo" really creeped me out for some reason. On the other hand, I can think of several people who I would love to put in a pen and watch snot-nosed children throw peanuts at them all day.

Speaking of people who deserve to be locked in the zoo, that brings me back to my boss, which brings me back to my job, which brings me back to Hell. And so the circle is complete, and my lunch break is over.

I am looking forward to next week, when a shortened stay in my dungeon is followed by five days of mystery, adventure, and travel. Well, at least travel will be involved; but mystery and adventure are always possibilities too, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home