The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Maybe next year...

"I love deadlines, especially the whooshing noise they make as they go flying by."
--the late, great Douglas Adams

My second annual attempt at novel writing (which I mentioned a few weeks ago) has officially ended. In the month of November, I managed to write a whopping 354 words for my NaNoWriMo effort. I have brought shame upon myself and my family. Of course, this past month was not the best time for this sort of thing. I have been busy with many other things, some of which may turn out to be very rewarding, but more on that later.

Speaking of writing, a big shout out to Margaret Butler, a librarian at the Tuscaloosa Public Library in Alabama. Thank you Margaret, for reminding the world why they should be nice to librarians: we know stuff.

Speaking of knowing things, another shout out to the local frat guys for staging the least successful cover-up in recent memory. Good work fellas.

While we're at it, one last shout out to former pro wrestling great Ric "Nature Boy" Flair, for being far scarier out of the ring than in.

And now, before I go, I'll leave you to ponder an age-old question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home