The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Write on

For a long time, I've been meaning to make myself write more non-blog stuff. At the same time, I can always use yet another way to kill time at work (shhh!). So thank goodness it's November, and time for the seventh annual National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo for short.

Someone told me about this last year, and I (briefly) tried it. The idea is to try and crank out a whole 50,000 word novel in 30 days. The idea, I think, is to produce large volumes of text with little or no regard to quality, which is an idea that generally makes my librarian brain cringe. But, I thought what the hell, and set up a profile. Maybe I'll actually write a novel this month, or more likely, a lot of smaller things that may or may not add up to 50,000 words. Or not. Stay tuned for details. Or don't.

Speaking of good writing, there are very few blogs I read on a regular basis, but I just found a new one, Schrute-Space, which I'll follow with great interest. Dwight rocks and so does his show.

1 Comments:

Blogger AndyT13 said...

Well thanks a lot. Now you got me hooked on the idea of nanowrimo.
Way to go. Now I have another creative task. Sheesh. As if I didn't have enough already! :-)
So? How are you making out? 8 days in and I've written exactly nothing. Not true! I wrote a new song. But nothing on the novel yet.
Anyway, hope it's going well.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home