The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Friday, May 08, 2009

He represent(ed) the Lollipop Guild (Friday WTF)

We interrupt this Friday WTF to bring you tragic, tragic news. STL's own Mikey Carroll, one of the last surviving actors from The Wizard of Oz, died yesterday at the age of 89. He was one of the Munchkins (specifically, the guy who shows the Wicked Witch's death certificate to Dorothy, if I remember right).

Normally I would show a clip of him here, but since Youtube has a surprisingly small selection of Wizard of Oz clips that don't involve mythical Munchkin suicides, I'll just show this instead.



While I'm at it, I should probably do a quick salute to two other great actors who have passed away in the last few days.

(NOTE: Mildly bad language ahead.)

1. Bea Arthur. Outstanding.


2. Dom "Not in the face!" DeLuise.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home