The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Skippy's Fake Holiday File: Charlie Chaplin's Birthday

Today is an extra special one of my Fake Holidays. It's the 120th birthday of the great Charlie Chaplin.

ABOVE: from "The Kid", Charlie
Chaplin and the future
Uncle Fester

When I was about 8 or 9, my grandfather, appalled that we didn't know who Charlie Chaplin was, rushed the Marmoset and I to the video store to get a copy of The Gold Rush. I thought it was just about the funniest thing I had ever seen.

To make a long story short, Chaplin was a genius several times over, and if you haven't seen any of his movies you really should try them. He was great for a very wide variety of reasons, but here are two of the big ones:

1. The Potato Dance


2. The Dictator Speech

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home