The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Monday, February 11, 2008

He needed a bigger boat.

I just want to wish a fond Marmoset farewell to Roy Scheider, who died yesterday at the age of 75.

This, surprisingly enough, is not how he died.


Scheider, of course, was best known as Chief Brody, theExploder of Sharks from the movie Jaws. (Yes, I know, he was also in at least one of the sequels, but I wasn't going to mention that out of respect for the dead.) He made many other movies in his long career, and he almost always did a great job in them, but none of them would live up to Jaws. Last time I saw him, he was still kicking ass (however briefly) as Frank Castle Sr., the Punisher's father.

In tribute to Mr. Scheider, we now present the following:
EDITOR'S NOTE: I wouldn't watch these at work if I were you, especially the second one.

Jaws in 60 Seconds - an excellent cartoon that is exactly what it says:


The Irate Gamer's review of Nintendo's classic JAWS video game:



I always liked this game, though I can't really dispute anything the Irate Gamer says about it. Furthermore, I absolutely agree with him about Silent Service and Duck Hunt. Especially Duck Hunt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home