The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Happy New Year

New years are always so disappointing. We're over a week into 2008, and it still looks exactly like 2007. Stupid future, never gets anything right.

Anyway, while we're waiting for our flying cars, we might as well do the obligatory Year in Review thingy. And when I say "obligatory", I mean exactly that. It seems to be the law of the Internet that everyone has to do a "Top 10 _______ of the year" list of some kind. You think I'm kidding? Time put out a list of their Top 50 Top 10 Lists, for God's sake.

My personal favorite is Entertainment Weekly, who recently released their Top 25 Sci-Fi Shows & Movies of the last 25 Years. Then, just to make sure the idea is fully beaten to death, they also released the list of shows that didn't make the cut.

But I guess the future isn't all bad. I'm now officially friends with Thomas Jefferson, thanks to the miracle of Web 2.0. There is a new science fiction blog called I09 that will probably consume my soul with entries about things like Mega Man, Dr. Who, and the Watchmen if I don't delete it from my bookmarks immediately. There is also the new (and very funny) blog of rejected Shoebox greeting cards, where I found the following:
ABOVE: If they actually made this card,
I would send it to the Marmoset on his birthday
every single year for the rest of his life.

So I guess 2008 has that going for it.

But perhaps the best thing about 2008: it's not 2007. Cracked.com ably sums up the year that was in their article 2007: Seven Things We Should Pretend Never Happened, as well as their video report, The Year in Douchebaggery.

Last but not least, and purely because I can, I leave you with this:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home