The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ho Ho Ho

It's almost Christmas break, and that means it's time for a special Holiday post to fill up the remaining time before I can go home.

I had vague plans of writing a big Christmas post, packed full of weird stuff like artist Peter Terren's Tesla-powered Christmas tree, which could make Clark Griswold weep with envy, or this lovely snowglobe which the Frau just sent to me. A centerpiece of this grand Yuletide project of mine would certainly have been the list of "16 Morally Dubious Holiday Entertainments" from the beloved Onion AV Club.

But I just couldn't get into the holdiay spirit. I couldn't figure out why this was, until I read this article from Fr. James Martin, a Jesuit priest and author perhaps best known for his defense of Mother Theresa on the Colbert Report. Between the weather, shopping, and the now-annual War-on-the-War-on-Christmas, Martin says perfectly what I've been trying to express for the last two Decembers.

Anyway, now to go home, see my wife, and enjoy a few days of spending time with our families.


Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home