The Daily Marmoset

Your Favorite Destination on the "Next Blog" Superhighway.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Why Mommy and Daddy are dirty hippies

I'm way to busy to be doing this, but I found something that was too good to pass up. Earlier today while checking my email, I saw a banner ad for this:


It's a website selling two children's books entitled "Why Mommy/Daddy Is a Democrat". Some sample pages are available on their website. Here's my personal favorite:

ABOVE: Is it my imagination, or does the
"happy Earth" look a little like Al Franken?

Two comments I would like to pass on to the authors:
  • I appreciate the point you're trying to make, but I'm not sure that the government taking care of us "just like Mommy does" is the phrasing you really want to use. (But I do have to admit, the picture of "Mommy" protecting the children from the elephant was an inspired touch.)
  • If you really want to make an impression, it's time to go negative. Personally, I will happily pay $8 for a copy of "Why the School Bully Is a Republican".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Drew,
Just read the Daily Marmoset. You two guys are probably better off living in separate states!

I enjoyed the entries. Have a good time.... I love you, even though I worry about your mental stability.

LJ

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home